Exide Technologies 2020 Summer Intern - IT Security in Milton, Georgia
Exide Technologies is a $2.7 Billion global leader in stored electrical energy solutions, including batteries and associated equipment and services for the transportation and industrial markets. We’ve been in business for 130 years, have 9,000 employees, and a presence in more than 80 countries.
Exide's corporate headquarters is located just north of Atlanta in Milton, GA. The internship will begin in May of 2020 and end in August 2020 and will be full time (40 hours a week). This is a paid opportunity but housing is not provided so you must have both housing and transportation.
Our environment is casual but professional and our interns are exposed to many Senior level leaders. If this sounds good to you, then it’s your time to shine! We don’t want our interns to sit on the sidelines – we want you to challenge us and provide creative ways to approach projects.
● Assisting the Information Security team with data and network protection, information assurance, incident response efforts
● Managing projects and providing smart solutions in presentations to IT Security leadership
● Analyze, improve and document standard operating procedures and policies
● Gaining knowledge of daily business operations by attending learning programs and training sessions
● Communicating technical information to various technical and non-technical audiences
● Participating in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders
● Routine operational duties in an area of cyber security
We are looking for rising Juniors or Seniors working towards BS in Information Technology or other related degrees and a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
● Strong analytical, structured problem solving, and decision making abilities
● Ability to work on a team and independently as needed
● Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and feedback
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong interest in a career in IT
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Job Locations GA-Milton
Requisition ID 2019-2510
Category Information Technology
Position Type Regular Full-Time